Here's what I envisioned when I applied for the at home sales position:
- I would make cold calls from my local coffee shop
- I would make my own hours 10-2pm
- I would make a sizeable amount of money
- I would take that money and spend it on: a new fall wardrobe for myself and that $200 cashmere dress I spotted for Charlotte at The Children's Boutique (despite the fact I said I would never EVER shop there again because the owner is so salty with me)
- My local coffee shop is very loud. How come I never heard the Frappucino maker before? I therefore set up my home office on my bathroom floor and made calls, while Max was napping. I instructed Odessa* to take Charlotte to the furthest end of our apartment. (*fictious nanny name.)
- Making money from cold calls is a numbers game. So I could call from 10-2, but it barely dented the list I was given. I needed 8 hrs. To maximize my call time I sent follow up emails after 9pm when the kids were asleep and the house was clean.
- I didn't make any money - this was going to take time.
- Therefore I didnt buy myself a new fall wardrobe or the cashmere dress.
There's not much else to report around these parts. I am eagerly waiting for the second season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills which begins September 5th. Andy Cohen is publishing a memoir..which I will be sure to purchase. I started watching Entourage again. Is Dana Gordon's home not gorgeous?? I want her bedroom. The beautiful surroundings were a nice distraction from the awkward Dana / Ari smooching scene.